Thursday, September 25, 2014

A healthy expression of anger

Healthy expression of anger


Sometimes yelling is necessary and a normal human way to relieve stress. I had been yelling at my daughter one night and went into my sons room still yelling to tuck him in. He said "why are you yelling at me?" I said " I don't know, I'm still angry. What can I yell at you about?"  He just laughed. We have to have acceptable ways to express anger. Yelling is normal. It should not effect everyone around you. Kids and adults should learn not to take yelling personally. He had a fabulous lesson that night. He doesn't run from people yelling at him. The world could yell and he could stand there  peacefully and know it's not him, and spread his calm to others. Yelling is an expression of anger, frustration, fear and not being heard. It's not evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment